It’s the end of week 1! I kicked off this sabbatical fully focused on content and website improvements.
For those new to this series, I’ve been exclusively focused on our new product SitewideSales.com (on a 6 week sabbatical from PMPro).
Here’s what went down in week 1…
- I revamped the site layout of SitewideSales.com, including expanding the content of the homepage. I need to make graphics for this but so far I’m not feeling inspired. I’m using the Blocksy WordPress Theme, my new favorite.
- I moved all the documentation (with redirection thanks to the Yoast Premium plugin) from from our Stranger Studios site to the Sitewide Sales site. While the checkout will still live on the Stranger Studios site (for now because of license management setup), I believe that having all the documentation on the plugin’s domain is a better route to help people navigate through the content.
- I launched a product blog for content marketing! In doing this, I had to move all the sale setup tutorials from Stranger Studios over to the Sitewide Sales Blog in the “Demo Content” category.
- I wrote two new posts for content marketing.
- Black Friday Social Media Ads Swipe File This post collects inspiration from businesses that ran social media ads for their BFCM sales in 2021.
- What Is A Sitewide Sale? This post is a gigantic bear at over 2,000 words. I have it set as a stick post on the blog because it is really important to help educate visitors on what our product is designed to help you do.
- I streamlined the plugin purchase process to use Stripe Checkout through Paid Memberships Pro.
- I swapped the support system to be email based vs. ticket forum.
- Finally, I started a Sitewide and Flash sales inspiration site to build a catalog of promotion ideas, sale setup/flow, banners, and landing pages.
My biggest success? I haven’t touched the code. I’ve purposely held myself back from that work because its the “fun stuff” founders work on even when it isn’t what the product needs right now.