In June, I start a 6 week “sabbatical” from Paid Memberships Pro to focus all my energy on our product, Sitewide Sales, a flash sales plugin for WordPress ecommerce & membership sites.
My next two weeks will be spent in the ideas stage—considering improvements and changes to:
- Improve the sales site to use the “Pain-Agitate-Solution” framework.
- Create loads of solution-agnostic and tool-specific content to grow domain authority and thought leadership.
- Start new marketing initiatives like outreach, social media, partnerships, presentations, market research, guest blogging, and YouTuber sponsorships.
- Develop new features and improve existing functionality in the plugin.
…and because I can’t help myself, a few moon-shot ideas that would be big shake ups to current the product and marketing channels.
In true Twitter #BuildInPublic fashion, I’m going to document as much as I can about the project. This is ground-up WordPress premium product work: optimizing a sales site, new marketing, new development, and big decisions to make.
Here’s what the site looks like today.
- 0 blog posts. We originally made this just a shell of a site and all sales/support happens at Stranger Studios
- 71 purchases. Most are a lifetime deal we tried in Fall 2021.